All inquiries for admission to Sandy Pines are processed through the Admission Department. We accept referrals from parents and family members, professionals, schools, child welfare agencies, and other organizations, both in state and out of state.
We accept self-pay and work closely with and accept most private insurance. Sandy Pines also contracts with the State of Florida as a participant of the Statewide Inpatient Psychiatric Program (SIPP).
Residential Treatment is considered the most restrictive level of care and therefore all referrals must have the following:
- Active relationship with a Psychiatrist and had an appointment within the past eight (8) weeks.
- Primary Mental Health Diagnosis – Substance can be secondary
- History of Psychotherapy, preferably Individual and Family.
- History of Intensive Outpatient Therapy, if available.
- History of Medication Management.
- Imminent danger to self and or others in the community.
When making a referral, inclusion of the following clinical information can facilitate the decision making process and expedite the admission:
- Recent Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Psychosocial History
- Presenting problem and present treatment (placement)
- Present and past medications
- Medical history
- Immunization record
- Legal history/Department of Juvenile Justice Involvement (if applicable)
- Name of legal guardian
- Insurance or DCF funding information
A face to face assessment may be required as part of the referral and admission process. In most cases this is done upon admission.
Admissions are conducted Monday through Friday but special arrangements can be made for weekends if necessary, on a case by case basis.